After an enforced absence last year ‘York Ceramics Fair’ returns in September 2021, to a new venue, with the added bonus of more potters than ever before!
It feels very good to be working in the arts world again, and I’ve enjoyed discovering lots of new ceramics to fall in love with!
Take a look at the press info below…
York Ceramics Fair / Sat 4 & Sun 5 September, 2021
Discover something new at York Ceramics Fair where 40+ of the UK’s leading potters and contemporary ceramicists will be showcasing a stunning selection of beautifully hand-crafted pieces.
Take time out to chat with the creators, as well as to discover and buy pieces produced with passion by a selection of the UK’s top potters.
From vibrant to serene, minimal to magical, sculptural to utilitarian, expect to see hundreds of pots of all shapes and sizes – all of which demonstrate the versatility of this ever-popular artform.
- Beverley based Hannah Billingham’s delicate handmade ‘dotted’ pottery pieces, which feature encrusted surfaces inspired by coral and sea life, have featured on TV programmes such as ‘Kirstie’s Handmade Christmas’.
- Be transported to the shoreline with Dianne Cross whose ceramic boxes and vessels have a coastal vibe.
- The landscape is an important influence for Sheffield based potter Penny Withers, whose beautiful glazes reflect the beauty of moorland hues.
- Animal lovers will be delighted by Zoe Whiteside’s hand-built ceramic sculptures which capture the spirit of creatures such as bears and elephants.
- Experience the subtle luminous shades of Ruth King’s serene pots, which are created through the alchemy of salt glazing.
- Scottish potter Lara Scobie’s beautiful ceramics balance composition and form with intricate patterns and bright pops of colour.
- Michelle Freemantle’s dishes also work as art pieces, a perfect complement to the food that’s eaten from them.
This must-see event moves to a new larger venue for 2021, York Ceramics Fair is on Saturday 4 & Sunday 5 September, 10am – 5pm, at Foss Building, York St John University Sports Hall, Lord Mayor’s Walk, York YO31 7EX
Organised by the Craft Potters Association (CPA) entry is £5 per person.
For more details visit yorkceramicsfair.com